Certified Pool Operator Training
The NSPF® Certified Pool-Spa Operator® Training Program
The National Swimming Pool Foundation’s CPO® Training Program provides training for efficient, effective, and economical use of swimming pools and spas. The NSPF® CPO® training program is beneficial to operators, owners, managers, service companies, public health officers or anyone who has interaction with an aquatic facility. To become a NSPF® CPO®, a person must complete 14-16 hours of instruction and pass a written exam. The NSPF® CPO® training program is a national and international program widely accepted by health officials. It is a requirement for commercial pool operators in many states and/or localities. Since 1989, over 150,000 CPO©s have been certified by the NSPF.
Who the National Swimming Pool Foundation® Is
The National Swimming Pool Foundation® is a non-profit organization whose interest is research, education and safety in aquatics. Recognizing the need for trained operators to manage public and commercial pool facilities, in 1974, NSPF® developed the Certified Pool-Spa Operator® course.
Benefits of the NSPF® CPO® Course
- Proven educational tool
- Widely accepted by local and state authorities
- Covers all topics necessary for pool operators including a section for local and state codes.
- Provides 14-16 hours of uniform instruction
- Comprehensive textbook which is an excellent reference tool
- Successful completion of a written exam is required for certification
- All courses are taught by certified NSPF® CPO© instructors
- NSPF® CPO© certification is recognized nationally and internationally
General Information About the NSPF® CPO© Course
- Each student receives instruction by a certified instructor who is specifically trained to communicate the basic skills necessary to operate a pool or spa facility.
- The course is intensive and covers pool nd spa chemistry, testing, treatment, filtration, maintenance, automatic feeding equipment, government requirements, etc.
- After completion of the instruction, the student must pass a written examination.
- Certification is valid five years, at which time a refresher course and/or a reexamination must be passed.
- Teton County is offering a CPO course May 11 -12, 2020
- Contact us at 307-732-8490