News Flash

Housing News

Posted on: June 4, 2020

Rent & Mortgage Relief Available


Starting today, June 4, the Wyoming Community Development Authority will begin taking applications for the WY Emergency Housing Assistance Program. This state-run program is open to all Wyoming residents who are renters or homeowners and who have experienced substantial loss of income due to COVID-19. The state has allocated $15,000,000 for this program and we expect that funds will go fast. If you are in need, please review the documents needed to apply and have them ready.

You can access the program application at or on WCDA’s homepage at A FAQ for the program is available online.

Up to $2,000 in assistance may be available per month and will be paid directly to your landlord or mortgage service. Funds may be applied to rent or mortgage payments that are due for June 2020 and the renter or homeowner may also apply for assistance with past due payments from April and/or May 2020.

To apply, you will need:

  • Income documentation. If you are seeking assistance for June, then you will need to document your May income. This can include: pay stubs, social security or pension statement, unemployment benefits, self-employment income, including current month and year-to-date Profit and Loss statement and the most recent business checking account statement.
  • Expense documentation. This may include: current executed lease (if you do not have a lease, a template is available online), monthly mortgage statement (homeowners only), hazard insurance monthly bill or statement, if applicable.
  • Asset documentation. This includes your most recent checking and savings account bank statement(s) and disclosure of cash on hand.
  • COVID-19 Circumstance Documentation. This may include: letter or email from your employer documenting a reduction in wages (hours or pay), job loss, layoff, or closure of place of employment; letter from childcare provider documenting closure; self-certification of a decline in income; self-certification of absence from work to care for a home-bound child; self-certification of other pertinent circumstances (ie - quarantine).

If you need assistance applying, please contact WCDA at 1-307-253-1089 or Locally, the Housing Department and One 22 can assist you. You can reach the Housing Department by calling 307-732-0867 or emailing You can reach One 22 by calling 307-739-4500 or emailing

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in Housing News